below remedies to treat shoulder pain, featured, health, lifestyle, pain
Top 6 Amazing Home remedies for Shoulder PainApril 21, 2017
Shoulder pain might happen to many muscles at the same time or in any of them, ligaments or tendons around your shoulder area. When your shoulder begins to hurt, it is difficult to focus on your daily routines. Shoulder pain can occur to anyone regardless of gender or age, however, those who have to use laptops, smartphones or tablets for a long period without doing some activities might be more prone to this issue. There are a number of factors as well as conditions might widely contribute to this problem such as soft injury of soft tissue (like tendons, muscles or ligaments). This can be contributed more by repetitive usage or overuse injury. Other causes of shoulder pain can be tendinitis, bursitis, torn cartilage, bone spurs, arthritis, frozen shoulder as well as spinal cord injury. Moreover, some specific factors like symptoms of the cervical spine in heart, liver especially in the neck may add in the pain. Besides shoulder pain, one may experience swelling or difficulty in moving the shoulder as well as tenderness around the joint.
It is highly recommended to consult a doctor when the symptoms are consistent and worsening, however, with some minor pain, you may want to adopt some below remedies to treat shoulder pain.
Tips for Home Remedies for Shoulder Pain:
1. COLD COMPRESS
The cold compress will alleviate the pain since the cold temperature will help you numb the area and subsequently reduce pain and inflammation.
- Take some ice cubes and wrap them with a thin and clean towel
- Put it on the affected are for 15 minutes
- Repeat the process for several times a day
- Alternatively, dip a towel in the cold water and apply on the affected area
- Note: Do not put the ice directly on the affected area.
2. HOT COMPRESS
Similar to cold compress, this hot compression will help you to reduce pain, inflammation as well as swelling. You should adopt this method at least after 48 hours when the injury occurred. It can help you significantly in relieve the pain of stressed muscles.
- Fill a bag with hot water and apply it directly on the affected area for at least 10 minutes
- Repeat the process for several times a day till you complete get over.
- Alternatively, standing under a warm water shower is another good idea. This can be done twice on a daily basis.
3. EPSOM SALT BATH
Epsom salt, which contains magnesium sulfate, can significantly help you to reduce shoulder pain. Moreover, it can promote blood circulation as well as reduce muscles pain. Also, the stress from the entire body can be relieved as well.
- Fill your bathtub with warm water
- Put 2 cups of salt and stir it well.
- Dip your affected area into the water for half an hour.
- Repeat the process for 3 times a week.
This is another good way to lower the swelling and the pain in the shoulder. A gentle massage can significantly relax your shoulder, release muscles pain as well as tension. Additionally, it also promotes blood circulation, reduces swelling as well as stiffness.
- You can adopt some essential oils such as coconut oil, olive oil, mustard oil or sesame oil
- Heat the oil in microwave and gently apply on the shoulder
- Squeeze the shoulder muscles
- Apply the gentle pressure to relieve pain as well as encourage blood flow
- Do this for at least 10 minutes and then apply a warm towel on the shoulder to attain the best results.
- Repeat the process for several times a day till the pain has faded away
- Note: Do not apply when it is an open wound.
Compression is placing something that can give pressure on the afflicted area in order to reduce swelling. And a compression wrap will provide you with ample support to your shoulder. You can use an elastic bandage or a warm wrap to reduce the pain and swelling. At the same time, you should keep your shoulder elevated by pillows. However, remember not to wrap it too tightly since this can cause poor blood circulation.
Turmeric is not a good spice in culinary aspects, but it also plays an important role in relieving pain in the shoulder. The curcumin compounds found in turmeric consists of antioxidant and anti – inflammatory properties which can significantly reduce swelling and pain.
- Mix some turmeric powder with some coconut oil to create a paste
- Rub the paste on the shoulder where you feel pain and let it dry by itself
- Rinse off with lukewarm water
- Repeat the process for several times a day till the pain is faded away.
- Alternatively, mix 1 teaspoon of turmeric powder with 1 glass of milk and stir well before boiling it
- Add honey and consume it twice on a daily basis to boost the recovery stage.
- You can also consume some turmeric capsules after consulting doctor.